05 August 2007

PSA

I intended to write something substantial today, but I remain easily distracted.

Since I just finished classes but won't be home for another week, you may have guessed that there is still more to our program here. Well, there is. The last week is devoted to a cruise along the rivers and lakes of Northern Russia, to various naturally and culturally well-endowed sites. We'll be stopping at four relatively old Russian towns over the course of the five or six days of the cruise, where we'll have tours and free time. We're bringing our usual tour guide (Natasha) with us, so I maintain the hope that she will be conducting our tours, since she's fantastic (I may have mentioned that. It bears repeating; she makes "tour guide" look like a respectable profession). Also, everyone's been saying how beautiful the scenery is, so I have high expectations.

That said, I'm leaving in about ten minutes, and will of course be completely out of contact for the next week. As far as most of you are concerned, anyway. Never fear, though--I'm not done updating quite yet.

No comments: